It started evolving on the day that we moved in 8 months ago. We were determined to give it a fresher look by painting the walls with Robin's Nest Egg in Behr primer and paint in one.
Once the paint was dry, we proceeded to rip out the carpets and the underlayments.
Since the floor under the carpet is concrete, I set out to put this special underlayment.
Clicking and locking these laminates took us a looong time, but it's all worth it. The floor is starting to give the room a warm and inviting feel already.
When all areas have been covered by the laminates, it was time to install the baseboards.
When the walls and floors have been upgraded, we proceeded in revamping her $10 garage sale dresser, $4.49 Goodwill junk, and made her ruffled headboard.
Not far from her angels wall art is the latest addition in my mom's bedroom - the sheer curtains to add softness and femininity in her area.
Each panel is $5 from Big Lots and we used up 3 of them - 2 for the whole width of the sliding door, and 1 more to add to the length of each panel so they will reach the floor.
To hide the seams where the two panels were sewn, a scallop stitch was done, the same scallop stitch that was used at the hem of each ruffle in her headboard.
It echoes the same scallop pattern that's found on her headboard.
I'm so happy because we didn't break the bank: for $15, we gave her room more privacy and more home-y feel.
Her bedroom now looks far different from when we first moved in. We have just proven that even with zero experience and zero background in DIY home improvements, it's possible to create a beautiful and peaceful sanctuary one can call her own. We all just plunged in to doing things that seem right and beautiful to us and learned along the way. You can say that our approach was like a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants but it worked. And if we're able to do it, you can also do it. Now I can't wait to tackle our other projects in the TO-DO list :)
I hangout here: