Hello, friends! We're on the 11th edition of our Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) I've met a lot of phenomenal bloggers and made friends in the process because you all came - for that, THANK YOU!
I have an exciting announcement. I'll launch a blog party starting this Tuesday exclusively for your BUSINESS and GIVEAWAYS. If you have an etsy shop, online boutique, or any family-friendly business, this is your chance to spread the word. Are you having a family-friendly giveaway and you want people to hear about it? Come link up by then so we can join in. The BIZ & Giveaway party will start at 5 pm, PST.
It's so thrilling to have this special giveaway to you from Rebecca, owner of Soap Delicatessen. Soap Delicatessen is a handmade, indie biz nestled in the Roanoke Valley and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The shop currently sells a line of handmade shea butter soaps and luxurious, handmade goat milk lotions. Rebecca's product focus is always on creating the best cold process, handmade soaps. You'll find that Rebecca's handcrafted, divinely scented soaps contain skin loving ingredients like shea butter, rice bran, coconut, and olive oils. They create a wonderfully, rich lather that you can both shave with or use as a shampoo bar. All of Rebecca's soaps are made from scratch using the cold process soapmaking method, never a pre-existing base. You'll love the difference Rebecca's soaps make on your skin.
(Disclosure: Rebecca didn't compensate me for doing this giveaway. I'm happily doing this to share the love with you, my awesome readers, and at the same time, to give a shoutout to all businesses of things natural and handmade - like her soap.)
Here are the great soap and lotion being given away:
It's a great and easy way to snag $41.60 simply by doing the following first:
1. Go to Soap Delicatessen, check out what products catch your fancy, then leave a comment.
2. While you're there, follow Soap Delicatessen's blog, tell her that I sent you, then leave a separate comment here.
3. Like her in Facebook and leave a comment.
4. Follow Soap Delicatessen in Twitter and leave a comment.
For extra entries,
5. Add me in your blog roll, and leave a comment.
6. Follow me and leave me a comment that you're doing so. If you're already a follower, leave a comment, too.
7. Like me in facebook, and leave a comment.
8. Follow me in Twitter, and leave a comment.
Eight ways for you to win this wonderful giveaway, BFFs! It ends on June 22 at 11:59 pm, PST. Thank you, Rebecca, for this amazing giveaway :)
UPDATE: Rebecca is offering a coupon code for her shop. You can get 15% off at Soap Delicatessen by using coupon code ONADIME at checkout. Expires 6/30/11.
Melanie from Reasons To Skip The Housework (don't we all have them?) is my marvelous co-host this week. She is a mom, a crafter, a cook, a blogger, and anything to skip the housework ;) She also hosts a blog party called Tuesday Time Out which you are more than welcome to join in.
How do you know if you're ready to host a blog party? If you're newly hosting one, do you want to know more how to navigate this fulfilling path? I guest-posted and shared my thoughts and experience about it here.
You clicked, inlinkz tallied. The readers' favorite blog this past week out of 244 links, being the most viewed post, is 2805's Little Surprises. Honey puts on display the vintage photos she received from her aunt in an apothecary jar and the result is priceless!
To the main course of this post.
For those of you joining us for the first time, we only have 2 easy, simple rules:
1) Link up your creative post - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes, poem, thrift finds, link party, or that informative syndicated post that can make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! And if you like to link more creative posts, go for it! We'd love to see them :) (No links to businesses or giveaways. We have another party for these exclusively this Tuesday at 5 pm, PST.)
2) Follow as many blogs as you desire, preferably starting first with the one who linked before you and after you, before branching out, and let them know by leaving a comment. (Following me and the co-host will be very much appreciated, and we definitely follow back. Just let us know you're following.)
Displaying the party button on your blog, while optional, is very much appreciated :)
Link opens up every Sunday at 5:00 pm, PST.
Because I like something different, I'm using the reverse entry for inlinkz - so the most recent participant will show up as number 1, thus giving everybody a chance to have the #1 spot.
Friends, go ahead and mingle with one another :) Happy partying!
Burning question: Do you host a blog party? If yes, what's your biggest challenge? If no, what's keeping you?
My biggest challenge is the time to visit each participant's blog. I try to be a gracious host so I do my best to send one big email all at once to thank them for participating.